HelpAge Jobs || Global Officer
HelpAge International is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Global IT Officer who will provide responsive IT Support to Global Team colleagues.
HelpAge International is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Global IT Officer who will provide responsive IT Support to Global Team colleagues. You will be a key member of our forward-looking IT team; supporting Microsoft 365 systems and processes that enable HelpAge International to function. Working with colleagues across our global offices, you will support the adoption of new technology and innovation. In addition you will be able to contribute to document, update and improve various IT systems. It is an exciting time to join HelpAge and this is a role in which you can make a real difference.
We offer flexible working and a competitive benefits package:
- UK Grade C (£27,000 - £33,000) or equivalent salary adjusted for local cost of living according to location / type of contract
- 8.5% employer pension contribution or local equivalent
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
Candidates can be based in UK or any other country in which they have the legal right to live and work and where HelpAge is able to employ and pay them legally. Where we do not have a country office in that location, we will seek to identify a host employer where possible.
As the Global IT Officer, you will –
- Support the adoption of new technology across the organisation, including through IT inductions and training activities
- Provide a helpful and positive IT support service via the ‘IT Helpdesk’
- Support the setting up and maintaining IT equipment and hardware for all global staff
- Support the localisation of Country Offices by providing practical IT assistance as required
- Maintain the IT asset list and the management of users and groups globally
- Provide practical IT and administrative support including IT purchases, regular invoice processing and the management of serviced office /meeting room suppliers.
- Support existing software solutions and input into developing new ones as relevant for the organisation, primarily using Microsoft Suite.
Key areas for impact, influence and responsibility
In collaboration with your colleagues, you will be able to shape and design specific activities that are relevant at any point in time and also through the forthcoming transition period, with the primary purpose of ensuring that older persons lead dignified, healthy and secure lives. We want you to work creatively to deliver impact and respond to relevant opportunities. With your colleagues, you will develop your teamwork plan to drive initiatives, develop ideas, as well ensure there is space for cross-organisational working and short-term tasks. From this, you will devise your individual work plan that will form the basis of your day-to-day activities and your performance reviews.
How to apply
To apply job at HelpAge, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter, setting out how you meet the requirements of the job profile as indicated on the Job Description.
- Your current curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- Three referees, including your most recent employer. Please indicate the relationship.
To be considered, please read the job description to find out more information and then email your application to helpAgefirstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Due to the high volumes of applications, kindly note that we shall only be able to contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview. Please help us monitor the effectiveness of advertising sources by clearly stating where you first learned about this vacancy. If you have any queries regarding any vacancies, please email@example.com
Closing date: Friday August 27, 2021 at 24:00 (GMT+1)
Important Message: Please ensure that you remove personal information including your date of birth, age, gender and marital status from your CV. Please do not include any photographs.