How to make the Tastiest Turkish Bread.
This Turkish Bread, also known as Pita, is the easiest and most scrumptious bread you'll ever make.
Turkish bread is the easiest bread you will make as it requires few ingredients and a little kneading. This bread recipe is so light and airy. Here's how to make it in no time! Don't forget to share and tell us what you think in the comments section.
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp dry yeast
- 155ml milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Combine the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl
- Once well combined add the oil and the milk and mix to form a sticky dough
- Knead the dough till smooth and not sticky. Cover this and place in a warm place for 1 hour or until it rises and doubles in size.
- Gently punch down the dough then divide it in to 8 pieces. Roll each piece in to a ball then roll each ball flat to make a round patty.
- On medium heat place a nonstick pan and let it heat up. Place the patties one at a time and cook for 2-3 minutes each side (they will puff up and create a pocket in the middle).
- Take them off the pan, place them on a plate and quickly apply the melted butter on both sides with a brush before serving.
This bread pairs well with our creamy chicken kebabs
Recipe Credits @delishus.tz