WHO Jobs || Consultant-Differentiated Service Delivery Strategic Initiative
The consultant will work to accelerate and strengthen the coordination of the DSD SI and other DSD support according to WHO recommendations for prevention, testing, linkage to care, treatment and advanced HIV disease
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 60 DAYS
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2021, 2:42:48 PM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
Purpose of the Consultancy:
As we move towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030, there is need to enhance our approaches to HIV prevention measures so that we can continue to contribute meaningfully to achieving these targets. WHO is involved in supporting the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender , Elderly and Children in implementation of a HIV/TB prevention, care and treatment interventions. As such WHO would want to bolster its provision of high-quality technical assistance to support the government meet its targets.
Work to be performed
Under the general coordination of the WHO Country Representative and the Medical Officer's supervision, the consultant will work to accelerate and strengthen the coordination of the DSD SI and other DSD support according to WHO recommendations for prevention, testing, linkage to care, treatment and advanced HIV disease. The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
Coordinate the DSD SI and support overall DSD activities in country
- Participate and facilitate introduction and engagement meetings to support the selected DSD SI local and international providers engagement in country DSD scenario and key stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation and monitor the DSD SI (HTS, ART & AHD) progress in the country.
Conduct situational and ongoing data analysis, technical assistance, produce supporting materials and documents:
- Support the dissemination of policies/approaches to accelerate DSD implementation, including alignment with WHO recommendations.
- Conduct and support monthly data collection, reviews, and detailed monthly analysis of DSD scale-up in collaboration with MOH and key stakeholders i.e this includes supporting the systematic collection and reporting of DSD GAM data pieces and any enhanced DSD indicators.
- Provide technical and programmatic support, including reviewing national technical documents aligned with WHO guidance.
Any other DSD duties assigned by the Medical Officer
Key deliverables from this assignment will include:
- Meeting minutes with key action points and review of meeting products
- Monthly reports on progress on the DSD SI implementation
- DSD materials reviewed
- DSD overview slide decks for dissemination in meetings.
- Production of materials that disseminate best practices
English Language is required
Read: Expert knowledge
Write: Expert knowledge
Speak: Expert knowledge
- Desired: Degree in Health or Social sciences. Having a Masters’ degree is an added advantage
- The Consultant must have at least 3 - 5 year experience in HIV prevention, treatment and care
- At least 3 years’ experience in HIV Testing and linkage services
- Has documented experience in consultancy work of similar nature
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively orally
- Fluent spoken and written English.
WHO Competencies REQUIRED
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and team work
- Producing Results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Good command of Computer Application Systems
Initial payments will be made upon submission and acceptance of the consultancy. Final payment to a consultant is dependent on the completion of all deliverables. WHO will pay the consultant under the package of NOB level 1
TIMELINE AND REPORTING
The expected duration of the assignment for period of 60 days between 15 September – 15 December 2021.
Grade: NOB – 01 payable on monthly bases
Outputs delivered under this consultancy contract will remain the property of WHO
Closing Date: Sep 9, 2021, 12:59:00 AM